You're probably wondering what community you've just stumbled into, huh? Are you curious? *nudge* C'mon, I know you are...otherwise you would have clicked the "back" button five seconds ago. ^_~
Welcome to the alternate universe that is Inu_Unplugged! The only community on Livejournal that lets YOU play the Inuyasha characters like you want! Hmmm what's this? Sesshomaru in a dress? Miroku actually getting a "yes" response to his infamous pickup line? Anything is possible! (Quotes "Uncle what's his face from Spiderman": "But be careful, Peter. With great power comes responcibility.")
Hmm yes, a plot would be good, eh?
Well, Its an AU (alternate universe) where the story of Inuyasha takes place in modern times. Heres a basic summary:
Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, Kikyo ect attend the same high school. Naraku is the evil principal of the school. Sesshomaru and Kagura are the teachers. They took a class trip to a museum where the Shikon No Tama was being shown. The jewel was broken by some students and a bunch found their way into Naraku's hands. There is a strange power behind the jewel fragments and its up to the gang to find them all.
For character profiles and the full plot, click here.
A few rules to know:
1. This is an Alternate Universe game, which means in essence anything can and might happen. There are no preconceived couples and people should keep an open mind when it comes to their characters as far as likes and dislikes. This is your opportunity to play your character however you want to, as long as we don't stray too far from the "Keep the Jewel Out of the Hands of Evil" overarching plot. Please try to have fun, but if you have any issues or complaints let the moderators know. Some basic things may be carried over, like personality, quirks, traits, etc, as without those, then the character won't match up with their name.
2. Please post at least once a week. If you are unable to post once a week without letting people know via the OOC board ahead of time. Your part is only as big as you make it, therefore the less you post the lower your chances of being the focal point of plots are. Keep in mind that, as of now, there are no rules on the maximum amount of characters one is allowed to have. However, each character you possess is required to follow the posting guidelines. Example: If you have three characters, you will be expected to post three times a week, once as each character. If you cannot handle the extra weight, then do not apply for a multitude of characters. (Exceptions include: a character is dead ICly, or is in some way unable to post for a certain amount of time. As long as you post on the OOC forum stating to us that you're still alive, then you'll be fine.)
3. If you are unable to post and notify the moderators within two days of your impending absence, we will arrange to have your character temped in your absence. We are not babysitters, yet we know how real life can be. However, since we are running a game here, it helps to know who's active and who isn't. Stuff happens offline, thats fine, just be respectable to your fellow game mates. We all enjoy having fun just as much as you do, and it's only fair to give them a heads up and not keep them waiting. (After all, how would you feel if you were in a big scene and someone stopped replying to you?)
4. If within the course of three weeks there are no posts from you and nothing on the boards or to a moderator explaining said absence your part will be vacated and put on the open parts list. Once a month if deemed necessary, there will be a check in post on the OOC board, to determine who's around, who wants to drop, etc. Again, this is so the board doesn't die while waiting for one person to post. If you vanish and don't check up, that pretty much shows you lack interest.
5. We the moderators, ask that plot ideas be run past a moderator before being put into effect. If the plot involves the hurting of a fellow player then the players' permission is needed so as not to cause problems. If you would like to create a special NPC or kill off an existing NPC then please notify the moderators and we will help you as best as we can. Email us, IM us, whatever. We won't bite. Promise.
The application: Click here. Send this to the e-mail above. If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment on that post or send an e-mail...or even salk us (within reason).
Jakotsu Yasuhara (delightfully out of the closet): _snakebite
Bankotsu Ogawa (kendo team champ/motorcycle rider with mysterious past): _bankotsu
Warning: This RPG is rated from PG-13 to NC-17. Each post is different. Though all smut related posts will have a warning in the subject line or under an lj-cut with a warning so you don't have to worry about washing your eyes out with harsh soap. :)